Cleaning vomits ranks on top of cleaning carpets if you have a baby in your house. Their vomit is milky and acidic and thus can leave stains and smell on your carpets if left as it is. Therefore the first question that comes to mind is how to remove baby vomit off your carpet? The after-effects of uncleaned vomit on carpets can be discolouration of carpet, oxidisation, and breakdown of the surface tension of your carpet. Therefore cleaning them right away is the best option to maintain the look and feel of the carpet.
Steps on How To Remove Baby Vomit Off Your Carpet
You can also do it on your own with the help of ingredients from your home. The steps on how to remove baby vomit off your carpet are given below:
- Firstly wear a pair of gloves, then start by removing excess vomit with a cloth. Remember to work from outside to inside.
- Afterwards, blot up any moisture using a clean piece of cloth.
- Then apply lukewarm water to the area and blot again.
- After that create a solution mixing lukewarm water and dishwashing detergent liquid.
- Then sponge the solution on the carpet and work from outside to inside, remember to sponge and not rub.
- With the help of water clean the area again and bolt and absorb all the liquid properly.
- To ensure the removal of all the fat, use another solution made of 60% vinegar and 40% water.
These are the steps for the case where you clean the vomit immediately. But there can be situations where you are not available or cannot perform the cleaning instantly. Thus in that case you can use the below steps to remove baby vomit that has become dry and leaves stains and smell on your carpet:
- Start by scrapping the dry vomit with a spoon. Try to go as deep as possible.
- Next, sprinkle baking soda on the stain and leave for 15-30 minutes.
- Afterwards, make a solution of 1 cup of hot water, ¼ teaspoon of dishwashing detergent, and 1 teaspoon of vinegar. Then using a clean cloth sponge the liquid on the stain and remember not to rub.
- Continue the sponging and blotting until the stain removes.
- After that, clean the area with cold water and blot the moisture then leave to air dry.
Using these steps you can get rid of the vomit stain and smell as well from your carpet.
Baby vomit can be very smelly and can ruin your belongings, especially your carpets. Therefore the cleaning should be done immediately. And this article helps you with the steps on how to remove baby vomit off your carpet in the most effective way and with the help of home ingredients. And if you experience any previous stains that ruin the look of your carpet you can either dry DIY methods or report to a professional like Carpet Cleaning Clayfield. For fresh vomit spills, you can go for these DIY methods to get rid of the baby vomit stain and smell as well.